Detailing Service Aftercare and Ongoing Maintenance are VITAL to maintain performance from Clear Bra/PPF & Ceramic Coatings.
Below are Detailing Service Aftercare Guides & Maintenance Instructions for Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Nano Coatings.
Detailing Service Aftercare Guide: Clear Bra / Paint Protection Film
PPF & Clear Bra Do’s & Don’ts (0-14 days After Installation)
- Do not push or touch on Air bubbles or moisture beneath the film. They may take up to 14 days to fully dry and disappear.
- Never pick at film. This may compromise the installation and/or adhesive.
- No unnecessary water exposure, extreme heat, long trips, or car washing for at least 14 days.
- The less the vehicle is used for 2 weeks, preferably untouched, the better.
PPF/Clear Bra Standard Ongoing Maintenance (15 days & Beyond):
- NEVER use a pressure washer to clean PPF/ Clear Bra edges. If dirty, GENTLY use a soft wash mitt to clean areas.
- Do keep a Consistent Vehicle Wash Schedule. (E.g. once every 2 weeks for daily drivers)
- Do apply CarPro Reload every 3-4 months apply to the entire vehicle (including PPF ) to help with ease of cleaning and water spots. (product linked below)
Detailing Service Aftercare Guide: Ceramic Nano Coatings
Ceramic Coated Vehicles require a different maintenance approach than waxes and sealants. The advanced chemistry and technology of ceramic nano coatings require maintenance with products engineered for its specific needs.
* * Note: DO NOT Use traditional wax or sealant on a ceramic coated vehicle. It will alter surface properties, lowering the coating’s effectiveness.
Ceramic Nano Coating Aftercare (0-14 Days Post Installation)
- The longer the vehicle can be left to cure, preferably unused in a garage, the better.
- No unnecessary water exposure for 10 days.
- No vehicle washing for 14 days.
Ceramic Coatings Ongoing Maintenance (15 days & Beyond):
Ceramic Coated Vehicles require consistent wash intervals to maintain optimal performance.
Follow these simple steps to keep your vehicle’s ceramic coating looking and performing its best:
- Do not use a car shampoo with the words “wax” or “gloss” in the name or description. We recommend Meguiar’s Hyper Wash. For Waterless or Rinseless Vehicle Wash Methods we recommend Optimum No Rinse. Dilute this with 1/2oz to 1 gallon of DISTILLED water.
- Keep a consistent vehicle wash schedule to maintain optimal coating characteristics. (once every 2 weeks for daily drivers)
- Every 3-4 months apply CarPro Reload Silica Sealant to the surface.
Using the Silica Sealant builds up layers of protection over time. This is the best strategy to ensure painted surfaces remain at their optimal state for both performance and aesthetics.
Proper Vehicle Wash Methods for PPF/Clear Bra & Ceramic Coatings
All vehicles, including those protected with PPF and Ceramic Coatings, greatly benefit from regular wash intervals.
Like clothing, regular vehicle washing ensures longevity, appearance, and performance for all protected surfaces.
Below are links for Traditional Washing (H2O, a bucket, & mitt) and Waterless Washing (a solution in a spray bottle with towels). Each method is demonstrated on the YouTube channel of my colleague @ OCDCarCare Los Angeles
Watch each demo a couple times to learn the ins and outs of each wash method:
Application Method of Silica Sealant to Vehicles with Coatings or PPF
At Signature Detailing New Jersey we recommend applying a Silica based Sealant (CarPro Reload) at least 2-3 times a year for vehicles stored in garages overnight.
For vehicles living outside, we recommend applying up to 4-5 times a year. This depends on the environmental and climate conditions of your area.
Application time is quick and easy, 15-20 min max. Just follow these simple steps:
- Start with a clean vehicle, with cool panels out of direct sunlight, if possible.
- Dilute into a spray bottle 1:1. 1 Part Reload to 1 Part Distilled H2O.
- Mist 2-3 sprays of product onto a clean plush microfiber towel. Then wipe evenly over the panel.
- Use just enough product so its visible while wiping onto each panel.
- Spread it evenly over the panel, wiping in an aerodynamic pattern.
- After applying to the entire panel, follow with a second clean microfiber towel and wipe the panel until it appears clear.
- TIP: The silica sealant works great on clean wheels to protect them and help make regular cleaning super simple and fast. Wheels need more frequent application than other panels.
Products & Equipment for PPF/Clear Bra & Ceramic Coating Aftercare:
1] Car Wash or Waterless Wash Solutions – Depending on your Wash Method
- Traditional Car Wash Shampoo – Meguiars HYPER Wash
Meguiars Hyper Wash @ Detailed Image
- Waterless Wash Solution – Optimum No Rinse
Optimum No Rinse @ Detailed Image
2] CarPro Reload – topical sealant to put on clean vehicle every 3-4 months. Safe for Paint, Plastic, & Wheels.
CarPro Reload @ Detailed Image
3] Long Pile Microfiber Towels for Waterless Washing and Ceramic Sealant Application. Recommend to buy at least (8).
THE RAG COMPANY 16 in. x 16 in. Eagle Edgeless Blue Professional Korean 70/30 Super Plush 480gsm Microfiber Detailing Towels
4] Plush Microfiber Towels for Drying Vehicle after a Traditional Vehicle Wash:
Griots Terry Weave Drying Towel @ Detailed Image
Closing Thoughts on Detailing Service Aftercare:
Following this Detailing Service Aftercare Guide and consistent vehicle cleaning will ensure long life for your vehicles Paint Protection Film (PPF or Clear Bra) and Ceramic Coating.
The simple instructions listed above, along with regular vehicle washing cycles and techniques, will keep your vehicle’s surfaces: easy to clean, performing well, and looking great!